Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 11 Getting over the emotional wheel

When I first started this business in April 2011 I found myself having trouble juggling my full-time job, my family life and my MK business.  All though I worked my business on the weekends it seemed a little off.  I kept telling myself if I could only have more time to work my MK business or if only I could do this full time.....etc etc....

Well December 1 2011 I was given the opportunity to do so.  I was laid off from my full time job and figured this is great!  I started to organize business events and purchased products to accommodate those events.  As the time went on in Dec. I found that as the holidays were fast approaching business was dwindling down and started to wonder will this continue this way.  Then thought well it's the holidays and things get crazy.

Well as things progressed I didn't follow up with certain people, businesses or customers.  So now I'm back to square one!  I need customers, I for some reason am not being consistent with running my business.

I start to question why is it that I am not taking this business seriously!  Is it because I do not see the income coming in?  Is it because I'm feeling depressed that I do not have a steady income?  Is it because I see the bills coming in and start to wonder how am I going to pay that?

I think it's a combination of it all..... I'm running on this emotional wheel and not sure how to get off. I have to realize that if I do not run my business I cannot generate income!  I think I'm so mentally trained to go to work for someone else that working for myself doesn't seem logical.  We are so trained to work for others that when we start to work for ourselves we don't see it as a real thing....or as a reality that can come true if you work at it.

Well God seems to work in mysterious ways.... I received a call from a long time friend who gave me some advice and helped me to keep the momentum going.  She has been a business owner for nearly 20 years and have had her highs and lows when it comes to income and the business.

She also recommended a book that will help stimulate my mind and get off this emotional wheel that I'm on.

Book she recommened: Awaken the Giant Within by Anthony Robbins.

So I will be going off to the library tomorrow so that I can borrow the book and take notes of things that will help give me the motivation I need to proceed and continue my journey to succeed.

Life is a challenge and it's up to us to continue pushing on or to sit and let life pass us by.... you chose!

Adios mi gente....Que Dios no de la fuerza para seguir adelante

No comments:

Post a Comment